Harley-Davidson’s strong performance is good news for bike enthusiasts. Now the world’s largest two-wheeler manufacturer Hero MotoCorp will now sell the bikes of American company Harley Davidson. The company has today launched a new separate business unit for the sale of Harley bikes. Apart from this, the company has also appointed 11 new Harley dealerships across the country.
Hero MotoCorp said in a statement today that the company will now sell Harley Davidson bikes in the Indian market. A separate separate business unit has been created for this. At the same time, global automotive expert Ravi Avalur has been made the head of this new business unit. The company will begin dispatching Harley Davidson bikes at its new 11 dealerships starting January 18.
Let me tell you that a few months ago, Harley-Davidson announced the closure of its operation from the Indian market citing global planning. Since last September, Harley stopped selling and manufacturing its vehicles in India. After which the Harley enthusiasts suffered a major setback, but once again the sale of Harley Davidson bikes is starting in the Indian market.
Ravi Avalur, who has commanded Harley in the Indian market, has previously headed the Indian unit of Italian bike manufacturer Ducati. He has full experience of premium bikes business in the market here. It is now expected that Harley Davidson, which has been struggling in the Indian market for a long time, will gain some momentum.
Harley-Davidson dealerships launched across the country:
- Bengal Speed Automobiles Private Limited (Bengal Harley-Davidson): Kolkata
- Bafna Motorcycle Private Limited (Seven Islands Harley-Davidson): Mumbai
- Concept Motorbike Company Private Limited (Nine Bridges Harley-Davidson): Ahmedabad
- Moksha Motorbike Company Private Limited (Two Reverse Harley-Davidson): Pune
- Tusker Motorcycle Private Limited (Tusker Harley-Davidson): Bengaluru (Lavelle Road)
- East Coast Motors (Marina Harley-Davidson): Chennai
- Excelsior Motors Private Limited (Spice Coast Harley-Davidson): Kochi
- Jyot Automotives Private Limited (Konark Harley-Davidson): Bhubaneswar
- Sterling Motorbikes Private Limited (Capital Harley-Davidson): Delhi (Mathura Road)
- Uttam Sons Private Limited (Foothills Harley-Davidson): Dehradun
- Sreejayalakshmi Automobiles Private Limited (Banjara Harley-Davidson): Hyderabad