Indian Driving License: It is a very pleasant feeling to go on a long drive on spectacular glittering roads. This feeling gets even better when you fill the streets of a foreign country. Although road construction and infrastructure is growing rapidly in our country too, it is my own pleasure to drive on foreign land.
However, driving license (DL) is most important for driving in any country, do you know that you can enjoy driving in some of the best countries of the world with Indian driving license. Today we will tell you about 21 countries where the law allows you to drive on an Indian driving license. So let’s know in which countries you can drive with your DL.
1) – Australia: In this country falling under the continent of the southern hemisphere, you can drive a vehicle with an Indian driving license. However, there are some special rules under which your driving license should be in English language and you are allowed to drive for three months in Australia. The most important thing is that you can drive on the left side just like Indian roads.
2) – Germany: Running a car on the streets of Germany, known as the country of automobiles, can be one of the best experiences of your life. Here you can drive for a total of 6 months on an Indian driving license. But keep in mind that your driving license should not be in any regional language but in English. Germany dominates the luxury car brands segment, this country of Mercedes-Benz, Audi and BMW is known for its superb driving style.
3) – New Zealand: You must have seen the Kiwis on the cricket ground many times, but you cannot forget the experience of driving a vehicle on their own land. Composed of two large islands in the Southwest Pacific Ocean and many other small islands, this country allows you to drive for a total of one year on an Indian driving license.
4) – United Kingdom: This country is also known as UK, Britannia or UK. In this country you can drive for a total of 1 year on your license. You can even drive on the roads of Scotland, England and Wales with an Indian driving license. Here also the practice of left hand driving. It may be noted that Jeep, Ford and Chevrolet, which have made a mark in the Indian market, are the only American companies.
5) – Switzerland: Who would not like to enjoy driving in this country called paradise of the world. About 60% of the land of this country in Central Europe is covered by the Alps Mountains. According to the rules here, you can drive for up to 1 year in the country side on an Indian driving license. You can even rent a vehicle here based on your DL, but your license should be in English language.
6) – United States of America: In the United States, the world’s most powerful country, the joy of driving is something else. It is the most suitable country for road exploring. According to the law here, you can drive for up to 1 year on an Indian driving license. But here too, there is a condition that your license should be in English language only. Let us tell you that British vehicle manufacturers are Rolls Royce, Aston Martin and Land Rover etc.
7) – South Africa: Situated at the southern end of the African continent, this country is known for its natural beauty and detail. Here you can easily drive with an Indian driving license. But in addition to your license in English language, it should also have your photo and signature on it.
8) – France: You may have enjoyed the French engine many times, but you can also enjoy the French roads with the help of Indian license. This country allows its visitors to drive for up to 1 year on their local driving license. But a condition with this is that the license must also be translated into the French language. At present, Renault and Peugeot etc. are among the leading automakers of France in India.
9) – Canada: There are a total of 10 states and 3 union territories in this country of North America. Spread over an area of 99.8 lakh square kilometers, the fun of driving on the wide roads of this country doubles. Here you can also drive with your driving license, but you will have to drive on the right side here.
10) – Singapore: One of the world’s major ports and trading centers, this country is located between Malaysia and Indonesia in South Asia. The government here allows foreign guests to drive for up to 1 year on their International Driving License. This country is very famous among tourists from all over the world. Apart from this you can also drive to Hong Kong and Malaysia.
11) – Bhutan: You can also enjoy driving in the neighboring country of Bhutan. You can hardly find the joy of offering here, this small country of South Asia surrounded by the Himalayan hills, boasts of a lot of natural beauty in itself. Here you can drive both two-wheeler and four-wheelers.
12) – Finland: Located in Northern Europe, this country is also considered to be the happiest country in the world. According to the rules here, you can enjoy driving for an entire 1 year with an Indian driving license. But for this it is mandatory to have health insurance with you. If this rule were to apply in India also, perhaps the statistics of deaths due to road accidents may have a slight check.
13) – Mauritius: Located in the southeast of the African continent, these countries are a bit strict in terms of driving, especially for foreigners. According to the rules here, you can only drive for 1 day on an Indian driving license. Mauritius is completely filled with natural views, interestingly, about 51 percent of the population here is Hindu.
14) – Italy: When it comes to driving and cars, how can this be done without the name of Italy. You can drive with an Indian driving license in this country, which gives more than one great sports car to the world. But the only condition of this is that your license should be with an International Driving Permit. Let me tell you that companies like Ferrari, Lamborghini and even Fiat are from Italy.
15) – Norwegian: This country of the European continent offers you the most beautiful views of the world. In this country you can enjoy driving for a total of 3 months with an Indian driving license. This country is also known for its special midnight sun rise, where the sun comes out suddenly at night. In Northern Norway, the occurrence of midnight-sun in the summer season is very common.