England fast bowler Joffra Archer said on Tuesday that he would not believe it until he saw the audience in the second Test (from 13 February) of the four-match series. The first two Test matches of the series were to be played without an audience which was also supported by the England and Wales Cricket Board.
IND vs ENG Special Report- Australia loses from ‘IPL team’, now England will also lose, these are special reasons
When asked about this from Archer, he said, ‘Until this happens, I won’t believe it. The last eight months have been very difficult and we were only promised (fans coming to the ground) but nothing happened. So I will not believe until I actually see fans coming to the stadium.
England played the West Indies, the Test series against Pakistan and the ODI series against Australia during the Kovid epidemic last year without an audience. Earlier, TNCA Secretary RS Ramaswamy had issued a press release confirming the move, stating that the first Test would be played without spectators while the second Test would have an audience of 50 per cent of the stadium’s capacity.