Looking at the sixteen-year-old Abhishek, one cannot say that this child has entered adolescence. He still depends on his parents. That is, he has got into the habit of asking his parents before working. Even if he has to go to tuition, he first asks his mother whether I should go for tuitions. His parents have not been able to understand why this situation has arisen till date.
Before the Corona era, it was often seen in every house that parents, more of them mothers, used to interrupt their 6 to 15 year old children about their matter. It is not that it is not happening now, it is happening, but now there is a lot of talk about their health. Telling the children that they should not do this because of everything they do, you do not understand what, why did you do it, etc. Before taking every decision he thinks that if I do this then my mother or father will scold me. Every parent wants to give good upbringing to their children. They want their child to look different. For this it is necessary that you develop leadership ability in your child. For this it is necessary that you do not criticize the steps taken by him, but appreciate them. If the child has done something wrong, then explain it with love and logic so that he realizes his mistake as well as develops the ability to correct it. The child who is full of self-confidence, that child remains ahead in everything. This self-confidence develops leadership ability in the child.
The effect of parental upbringing on the child
Recently a research has been published regarding this matter in which it has been said that parental upbringing has a profound effect on the child. That’s absolutely right. For centuries, it has been seen that the child moves according to the environment in which the child is raised.
Research has revealed that 90 percent of the human brain is developed in the early years itself. This is a time when confidence and leadership skills develop in the child. It starts with the parents. If the child realizes that no matter what happens, his parents are standing by his every step, then tremendous confidence is born in the child. He feels completely safe. Whenever they cry or are in trouble, they feel that someone or the other is around to take care of them.
children are able to cope
In the year 2020, when the corona epidemic suddenly came, everyone had to remain locked in their homes. Along with the occupations, the education system of the children also completely stopped. Due to the closure of the school, the indoor and outdoor activities of the children came to a complete halt. The continuous confinement in the homes had an effect on the mind of the children. During this it was seen that there was a big change in the nature of the children. Self-confidence and decision-making ability are developed in children through leadership skills. Children never fail to achieve their goals due to self-confidence. Every parent should try to develop leadership ability and self-confidence in their child. Create a feeling in him that he should not think about any work that I cannot do it. When this feeling comes in the child, only then he will be able to solve the challenges and problems found outside the home. When he has a lot of self-confidence, then automatically he will develop leadership ability. This will make him responsible towards himself as well as others.
1. The first and foremost responsibility of a parent is to praise the work done by the child. Praise but only do the right thing. If someone makes a mistake, instead of scolding him, explain how this work can be corrected. Motivate him to try harder. If your child sees something weak in studies, then instead of scolding or beating him, motivate him to do it in a good way. If your child does everything easily and correctly, then do not praise him too much in front of him or in front of him, this will turn his confidence into overconfidence, then it will harm him in the future.
2. Children always learn by watching their elders and others. That is why it is said that the first school of a child is his home. The way he sees his elders working at home, he tries to do the same thing himself.
3. At the age of 6, make the child a habit of doing small household chores. Like bringing a cup, carrying an empty glass of water, picking up your clothes, putting them in the wardrobe are many such things that they should start getting them done. This creates a sense of responsibility in the child. When he is given the task of responsibility, there is a flow of energy in him.
4. Give your love to children but don’t turn them into lads. When love turns into a lad, the child becomes dominant over the parents. Inculcate the habit of doing your work in the child from a young age. Don’t always give him everything on his own, but let him try himself. Do not prepare him for going to school, but develop in him the tendency that the child should be ready himself, let him organize his own bag, let him have breakfast. Do not give him shoes and socks in his hands, try that he wears socks himself and also puts shoe laces himself. When the child tries to do his work on his own, self-confidence develops in him.
5. These small things develop decision making ability in the child. Along with this, there is also a habit of doing his regular work which is beneficial for him going forward. Even in eating and drinking, let him think for himself what he wants to eat. Along with this, let the child think for himself what to wear. Let your thinking dominate him till he walks holding your finger.
These are the personal views of the author. You might not agree with them.
read this also – Click to read the news of your state / city before the newspaper
Web Title-It is important to have self-confidence in children, step towards self-reliance