The compact SUV segment is growing rapidly in the Indian market. Due to low price, low maintenance and better performance, most people are showing their interest in this segment. The popularity of this segment can be gauged from the fact that this segment holds 18 percent of the market for passenger vehicles. Not only this, in the last month, this segment has increased by 90 percent.
In recent times, many new players have entered this segment, but Hyundai Venue has surpassed everyone in terms of sales in the last January. Maruti Brezza, which has been the leader of the segment for a long time, has also come in second place. So let’s know about the country’s top 5 best-selling compact SUVs –
5) – Mahindra XUV300: Mahindra’s SUV XUV300 is ranked fifth on our list. The company sold 4,612 units of this SUV in the last January, which was just 3,360 units in January last year. This SUV is available in the market with both petrol and diesel engine options.
4) – Tata Nexon: Tata Nexon, the famous Tata Motors SUV, occupies the fourth position in this list. This SUV is very famous in terms of safety, it is the safest SUV in the country. It is rated 4 stars in the Global NCAP Crash Test. In the past January, it has witnessed a spectacular growth of 143 percent in sales. In January, the company sold 8,225 units, which was just 3,382 units in January last year.
3) – Kia Sonet: South Korean vehicle manufacturer Kia Motors recently started its business in the Indian market. But in a very short time, the company has made a strong hold among its customers. In the last January, Vibration has sold 8,859 units of its compact SUV Kia Sonet, making it the third most sold compact SUV.
2) – Maruti Vitara Brezza: The country’s largest carmaker Maruti Suzuki’s famous SUV Brezza passed the second position in terms of sales in January. She has been the leader of the segment before this. The company has sold 10,623 units in the month of January. In the early months of last year, the company had discontinued its diesel variant and launched it with a petrol engine. It is currently available only in the petrol variant.
1) – Hyundai Venue: Hyundai introduced this SUV in the Indian market as the country’s first Internet car. In terms of sales, this SUV overtook Maruti Brezza to occupy the first position. The company has sold 11,779 units in the month of January, which is 75% higher than the January month of the previous year. In January last year, the company sold only 6,733 units.