The beginning of this year was good for the auto sector, but since March, due to the Corona epidemic, business started getting affected. In the month of May, automakers had to close even their plants. Meanwhile, the sale of vehicles has also come down due to the lockdown in different parts of the country. Maruti Suzuki, which has always held the number one position in the passenger vehicle segment, has had to slip down.
In the month of May, the famous mid-size SUV Creta of South Korea’s leading automaker Hyundai has become the country’s best-selling car. In general, only Maruti Suzuki cars were seen on the first position. Apart from this, vehicles from Kia India and Tata Motors have also managed to make it to the top 5 slot. So let’s know about the top 5 cars sold in the country in the month of May –
The cheapest 7-seater CNG car in the country, offers a stunning mileage of 26 Km and the price is just that
5. Maruti Dzire: Maruti Suzuki’s best selling compact sedan car DZire became the fifth best-selling car in the country in May last year. The company has sold a total of 5,819 units of this car during this period, which is 162.7% more than the month of May last year. In May last year, the company had sold only 2,215 units of this car.
4. Tata Nexon: People are also very fond of Tata Motors’ famous compact SUV Nexon. Its sales have registered an increase of 933.5% as compared to the month of May last year. In the month of May last year, the company has sold 6,439 units, which was only 623 units in the month of May last year.
Hyundai is bringing the cheapest small SUV AX1, with powerful features, will be priced under Rs 5 lakh
3. Kia Sonet: South Korean automaker Kia recently launched its new logo. Apart from this, the company is also preparing to launch some new models in the Indian market. In the month of May, the company’s affordable compact SUV Sonnet has become the third best-selling car in the country. A total of 6,627 units of this SUV have been sold during this period. This SUV was launched in the month of September last year.
2. Maruti Swift: One of the best selling hatchback cars of Maruti Suzuki, Swift has seen a tremendous jump in sales compared to the month of May last year. In the month of May, a total of 7,005 units of this car have been sold, which was just 597 units in the month of May 2020. Its sales have seen an increase of 1073.4%. Recently, the company has launched its new facelift model in the market.
1. Hyundai Creta: Hyundai launched the second generation model of its famous SUV Creta in March last year. People have liked this SUV very much, adorned with a very attractive look and strong engine capacity. It has become the country’s best-selling car in the month of May. The company has sold 7,527 units in the month of May, which is 134.3% more than 3,212 units in the month of May last year.