Major automaker MG Motors has today launched a new facelift model of its popular SUV MG Hector in the Indian market. Adorned with a very attractive look and strong engine capacity, the starting price of this SUV has been set at Rs 12.89 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The company has also launched the 5 seater and 6 seater variants of this SUV as well as its 7 seater model Hector Plus.
The MG Hector is the first model introduced by the company in the Indian market. About 18 months ago, the company first launched it in the market here. The company claims to have sold about 40,000 units of this SUV till now. The company has made a lot of changes to both the exterior and interior in its new facelift model.
1) – Design: Talking about the look and design of this SUV, the company has given a new chrome finish front grille in it, a similar pattern was seen in the ZS electric SUV. Apart from this, gunmetal gray skid plate has been given at the front and back. Apart from this, the company has given an 18-inch alloy wheel, which was 17 inches earlier. It has a new design alloy wheel.
2) – Interior: The company has made the biggest change within the SUV, it also has the option of dual tone campaign gold color. Apart from this, the front has a new wireless charger and three step ventilation system. Both these features are given for the first time in this SUV. The company has now given ambient lighting in it, which makes the interior even better.
3) – Features: As far as features are concerned, it has the same 10.4-inch touch screen system as before, but the i-Smart system has been updated in it. Now the voice command system given in this SUV can also detect voice in Hinglish ‘Hinglish’. The company claims that this feature has been given in a vehicle for the first time in the industry. It has features such as anti-lock braking system (ABS), electronic brake force distribution (EBD), hill hold assist with 6 airbags.
4) – Engine: The company has not made any changes to the engine of the new MG Hector. It has a 1.5 liter petrol engine and 2.0 liter diesel engine as before. Its petrol engine generates power of 141 bhp and torque of 250 Nm. At the same time, its diesel engine generates 168 bhp power and 350 Nm torque. It has a 6-speed manual gearbox.
5) – Variants and Price: The base 5-seater model of MG Hector is priced at Rs 12.89 lakh, while its top model is priced at Rs 18.32 lakh. Its 6 seater model is priced between Rs 15.99 lakh to Rs 19.12 lakh. The Hector Plus 7 seater model is priced between Rs 13.34 lakh to Rs 18.32 lakh.