Most of the people have to suffer due to lack of water and digestive problems during the summer season. An easy way to get rid of these problems is to start your day with a delicious and healthy breakfast, which helps in better growth by eliminating health problems. On the other hand, if we talk about cooking, it is very difficult to work in the kitchen in summer. In such a situation, today we have brought some special breakfast recipes for you. You can make semolina upma in morning breakfast. Today we are going to tell you the recipe of making South Indian style Upma. This is a very easy recipe. Hope your family members will like the upma made through this recipe-
Semolina (rava) – 1 cup
Onion medium size – 2
Rai – 1/2 tsp
White urad dal – 1 tsp
Peanuts – 1/4 cup
Curry leaves – 8-9
Green chilies chopped – 4-5
Green coriander chopped – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Dry coconut grated – 1/2 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
salt – as per taste
How to make Upma
1. To make Upma, first take semolina and put it in a pan and fry it till it becomes golden brown.
2. After this, take out the rava separately in a plate.
3. Now finely chop green coriander, green chili and onion.
4. Now put oil in a pan and keep it to heat on medium flame.
5. When the oil becomes hot, add peanuts and fry them and keep them aside in a bowl.
6. Now put urad dal in the remaining oil of the pan and fry it. After frying a little, add mustard seeds to the lentils and after that add onions, chopped curry leaves, green chilies and fry them.
7. After roasting well, add water after measuring it and boil the water after adding sugar and salt as per taste. When this mixture boils, switch off the gas.
8. Now add semolina to the pan mixture and mix it while stirring it with the help of a ladle. Take care that there are no lumps in it. After this, turn on the gas again and fry the semolina well by keeping medium flame.
9. After the upma is ready, switch off the gas.
10. Lastly before serving, garnish it with green coriander and grated dry coconut and serve.
read this also – Click to read the news of your state / city before the newspaper