The compact SUV (sport utility vehicle) segment is becoming increasingly popular in the Indian market. Most people are showing interest in this segment due to low price, better mileage and beautiful sporty look. Maruti became the leader of the Brezza segment once again in the month of March, while Tata Nexon had a tremendous growth of 228%, beating Sonnet in terms of sales.
Although affordable models such as the compact SUV segment Renault Kiger and Nissan Magnite are also available, they are out of the top 5 list. Apart from this, Mahindra XUV300 and Honda WR-V have also recorded growth in this March, but they are at the ninth and tenth position respectively. However, let’s talk about the country’s top 5 best-selling compact SUVs.
5) – Ford Ecosport: American automaker Ford’s famous compact SUV EcoSport became the fifth most sold SUV in the country in March. The company sold a total of 5,487 units of this SUV in the month of March, which was just 2,197 units in the month of March last year. This SUV is available in the market with both petrol and diesel engines.
Price: 7.99 Lakh to 11.49 Lakh
Mileage: 14 to 21 kilometers per liter
4) – Kia Sonet: South Korea’s leading vehicle manufacturer Kia Motors launched its compact SUV Sonet in the market last year. In a very short time, this SUV has become very popular among the customers. The company has sold 8,498 units in the past March and became the fourth most sold SUV in the country. It also comes with petrol and diesel engines.
Price: 6.79 Lakh to 13.19 Lakh
Mileage: 18 to 24 kilometers per liter
3) – Tata Nexon: It is the safest SUV in the country, this SUV has got a full 5 star rating in the Global NCAP Crash Test. Sales of this SUV have suddenly picked up speed, making it the third most sold SUV in the country. The company has sold a total of 8,683 units in the month of March, which is 228% higher than the month of March last year, only 2,646 units were sold in the month of March last year.
Price: 7.09 Lakh to Rs 12.79 Lakh
Mileage: 16 to 22 kilometers per liter
2) – Hyundai Venue: Hyundai’s compact SUV Venue has been at this position for a long time, making it the second most sold SUV in the country. The company has sold a total of 10,722 units in the month of March, which is 75% higher than the month of March last year. The company sold a total of 6,127 units in the month of March.
Price: 6.86 Lakh to 11.66 Lakh
Mileage: 17 to 23 kilometers per liter
1) – Maruti Brezza: The country’s largest car manufacturer Maruti Suzuki compact SUV is the leader of the Maruti Vitara Brezza segment and is the most sold compact SUV in the country. The company has sold a total of 11,274 units in the month of March, which is 104% higher than the 5,513 units in March last year.
Price: 7.38 Lakh to 11.39 Lakh
Mileage: 17 to 18 kilometers per liter
Note: The vehicles here are priced according to Exshroom Delhi and are based on mileage media reports. In general, the mileage of the vehicles depends on the driving style and road condition.