Maruti Suzuki has no other brand in the passenger car segment to hold hands. Maruti Suzuki alone accounts for about 50% of the country’s passenger vehicle market and the rest of the market is dominated by other car majors like Hyundai, Tata and Mahindra. For the fourth consecutive year, only the cars of Maruti Suzuki occupy the top 5 best-selling list in the country. So let’s know about the top 5 best selling cars of Maruti –
5) Maruti Dzire: The company’s compact sedan car Dzire occupies the fifth position in this list. The company has sold a total of 1,28,251 units of this sedan car during the financial year 2020-21. Recently, the company introduced its new facelift model in the market with updated features. In this car, the company has used a 1.2 liter capacity dualjet petrol engine that generates 90PS power and 113Nm torque.
cost: 5.93 Lakhs to 8.89 Lakhs
Mileage: 23 to 24 kilometers per liter
4) Maruti Alto: Maruti Suzuki’s entry-level Alto, the most affordable hatchback car, has sold a total of 1,58,992 units. This car is famous for its low price and better mileage. The company has used a 796cc capacity petrol engine in this car which generates power of 47 bhp and torque of 69 Nm. For almost 20 years, Maruti Alto has been one of the best selling cars in the country. Due to the low price and better mileage, the middle class family loves this car very much.
cost: 2.99 lakh to 4.48 lakh rupees
Mileage: 22.05 kmpl
3) Maruti WagonR: A total of 1,60,330 units of the hatchback car WagonR, known as Maruti Suzuki’s Tall Boy, have been sold. This car is available with two different petrol engines. Its one variant has a 1.0-liter capacity engine and the other variant has a 1.2-liter capacity petrol engine. In this car you get 341 liters of boot space.
cost: 4.65 Lakhs to Rs 6.18 Lakhs
Mileage: 20 kilometers per liter
2) Maruti Baleno: Maruti Suzuki’s premium hatchback car Baleno has become the second most sold car. The company has sold a total of 1,63,445 units during this period. In this, the company has used a 1.2 liter capacity VVT petrol engine, which generates 82 bhp power and 113 Nm torque. This car comes with both manual and automatic gearboxes, but its manual variant gives the best mileage. In this, the company has used Smart Hybrid (SHVS) technology.
cost: 5.90 Lakh to 8.07 Lakh
Mileage: 23.87 kmpl
1) – Maruti Swift: Maruti Suzuki Swift has become the best selling car in the country, beating all. Recently, this car has been launched in the market with new updates. The company has sold a total of 1,72,671 units of this car. In this, the company has used the new dual jet petrol engine. The 1.2-liter petrol engine generates 88 bhp of power and 113 Nm of torque. This car is available for sale in a total of four variants. In the last March, it has also become the most sold car in the country, the company has sold 21,714 units of it.
cost: 5.73 Lakh to Rs 7.91 Lakh
Mileage: 23.20 kmpl
According to the information shared by the company, these five cars have been included in the list of the top 5 best selling countries in the country for the last four years. Passenger Vehicle Market During the financial year 2020-21, these five cars alone account for 30 percent.